Monday, January 28, 2013

Nature Table


What is a nature table?
The important aspect is that the child is able to connect with the objects and the scene depicted on the table.  Generally, the scene will be related to the current season or holiday.  The nature table is often the focal point of a Waldorf classroom.  The table is meant to be played with.

I have always wanted to make a nature table for the kids to play with.  We live in a pretty amazing environment and the kids absolutely love where they live.  They are constantly making dens in the woods and pretending to be wolves.  I was surprised how many animals native to Big White I actually have.  I unfortunately don't have any wolves but we do have white-tail deer, bobcats, a brown bear, moose, and more.  I expect the kids to bring more things from outside to fill our nature table.  I know they will want to make a mini den for this table out of bark.  

I think to start felting!!!

No comments: