Wednesday, February 5, 2014

.H.E.L.L.O Sunshine!

Today, during school time with the students working hard on their journalling, I had to pause and close my eyes as the sun shone into our classroom.  It is approx. -15 to -20 degrees outside and inside it feels like a hot summer day.  I can't help but always think of my wonderful Grandma when that sun hits my cheeks.  <<She always says my freckles are sunshine kisses>>
Jenn created these beautiful hearts after seeing them in a store.  So easy to make yet brings so much brightness and cheer to the classroom.  I LOVE all the hearts, love, and warmth in February.


Our students play in a forest at recess.  They build forts, villages, animal homes, sled jumps, ski jumps, and more.  There aren't any toys or gym equipment just trees, wood, sticks, moss, and lots of snow.  The sun shone down through the trees to keep them warm throughout recess and lunch.


A new month means new books.  I put out a selection of Franklin Books and a themed section on Friendship and Feelings.

And of course a section on Valentine's Day and love books.

Do you think I have shown enough photos of this heart garland?  haha

We started our love notes today and the kids are really loving it.  I think as time goes on the notes will get better and better.  Not so much of "you are awesome" and more of the things they really know about that person.  I will keep you posted.

No comments: