Saturday, December 8, 2018

This Week at a Glance

My first week back to work!  It was sure exciting to meet all these amazing kiddos and most of the parents/grandparents.  I have already felt such a warm welcome to the school and community.  I can't believe how quick this week went by and I didn't get to capture very many moments because I was busy learning names and routines!  But I did capture some moments in our days that were pretty special.  Being an artist, I love to weave art throughout our day.  

The children learned how to draw a snowman and afterwards we had it out to recreate during Exploration Time.  I can't take credit for this snowman.  If you have time to draw with your children this is the youtube link.  This artist is amazing to follow and draw along with your little ones.  My son and I do this activity quite often.

We also made a Snowman Factory for Exploration time.  This space was always filled up throughout the week.  The children created lots of different kinds of snowman from fashion snow people to snow spiders!



Finally, on Friday we attended a puppet show at the public library.  It's free to anyone and must-see (in our eyes) if you get the chance.  They had the kids laughing so hard and jumping in their seats!

This was such a fun week learning the ropes of the school, meeting everyone, and learning more from the kiddos about who they are.  I can't wait to explore and create more with them next week.

No comments: