Tuesday, November 7, 2017

November books and SLIME!

 We have some November themed books on display for the children to read.  

Also, a beautiful poem that I have already heard lots of littles repeating throughout their day.

To finish our matter unit off we made slime!  The kids were very excited about this.
Mrs. Liebel taught a beautiful lesson on how even teachers make mistakes!  haha.  I have made slime in the past and funny enough I loved this recipe because each student could make an individual amount of slime.  However, I must've read it wrong and had the kids just add borax powder to their slime instead of making it into a Borax solution.  haha... oh it was a fun lesson indeed!  

BUT I totally redeemed myself!  We tried to make slime again today and we were very successful.  


** This is the "epic fail" (as the kids would say) picture of the children adding borax powder.  

So, if you plan to make slime with your child at home please don't make the mistake I did.  Also, a great website to make a variety of slime is this one: https://www.stevespanglerscience.com/lab/experiments/glue-borax-gak/

No comments: