Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Giving Tree By Shel Silverstein

Yesterday we read The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein.  This book is so beautifully written and the children loved that the pictures were in black and white.  We discussed the importance of friendship and what it takes to be a good friend.

Here is our Giving Tree.

We even signed the tree like in the book.


I'd give a hug to Owen and Noah - Adam
I'd give encouragement to Owen - Tosh

I'd give a hug to my mom and dad - Daniel
I'd give love to my mom and dad - Logan

I'd give play to a friend - Logan
I'd give a hug to my mom and dad - Tosh

I 'd give encouragement to a friend - Vanessa

I'd give love to my mom and dad - Noah
I'd give friendship and encouragement to my friends - Luca

I'd give encouragement to a friend - Noah
I'd give lots of love to my mom and dad - Adam
I'd give a big hug and encouragement to my friends - Quin
I'd give love and care to my mom and dad - Owen

I'd give a kiss to my mom and dad - Alex
I'd give encouragement to my friends and family - Owen

I'd give lots of love and a big hug to my mom and dad - Quin
I'd give encouragement to Quin - Alex

I'd give encouragement to Grizz - Daniel
I'd give a kiss to my mom and dad - Vanessa

I'd give all of my love to my parents - Luca

The kids made fantastic apples on what things they could give to their friends and parents for FREE.  Things that don't cost money but mean so much more than money could ever buy!

No comments: