Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Gifts!

Moms! Did you like your gift?  I was so excited for you to open your gifts on Sunday.  We made crayon art on a canvas for the Mom's at BWCS.  

Here is the supplies we used.

The kids got to melt crayons with a blow dryer!  This might have been their favourite part!











I think if I didn't stop them from using the blow dryers then they would have melted all the crayons off the canvas'.

Then thanks to our noon hour supervisor and janitor, Ms. Austin (she made all the masking tape hearts) we peeled them off after the crayons dried.  Then Jenn painted all the hearts white on the inside.


Last step, the kids wrote a note to their Mom's.  They wrote "I Love You Mom" or "I Love You" or "Love".  They were very special.






We also made our cards.  These were made with their own hand prints!



I really enjoyed making these gifts.  Thanks to Jenn for all the help during this lesson and before.  Thanks to Scott for picking up extra canvas'.  

No comments: