Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Creative Writing Gr. K-9

Today we started our creative writing unit with our whole school.  I figured we would start step by step with how to create a good story.  I am using these two packets (Reading Comprehension 1 and Reading Comprehension 2) to teach these lessons.  Then we are going to write our own stories (and hopefully have these stories hardbound and everything).

Today's first lesson: Story Elements

We first watched the amazing, Betty White read, Harry the Dirty Dog.

Then as a class, we figured out the story elements (theme, characters, setting, problem, and solution).

 Afterwards, we broke down into groups and read our own stories and filled out our own book reports.

Finally I wanted to find out what my kiddos understood today therefore I made them all fill out an Exit Ticket.

No comments: