Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Self Exploration

As you may or may not know I have created these nooks in my classroom (i.e. science table, art exploration, writing station, reading nook, etc).  On Thursday afternoons we have "free time" for the students to explore our classroom and do what they love to do.  I finally can say that these "nooks" or playful spaces really, REALLY do work.  The kids amazed me!  

Lucy ran straight for the art easel and when I came to see what she was up to I saw this!  Lucy is painting our solar system.  I was amazed!  Not only did she paint all the planets but she put them in the correct order and could name them all.

Josh used his time wisely.  This little man created a snowboarding magazine.  If I waited to take the picture a little later I would have captured the way he bound the book with pieces from the art exploration station.  He was so proud of his work and shared it with our class once he was done.

Sam first off might be the cutest little doggy ever but him and his "doggy friends" created this amazing den village.  They used the log pieces my Dad made for us and used the grocery store products.  The best part was that they had made a trading post for all the dogs to come and shop.

Here is some cute pups!  haha... This picture makes me smile and I bet you are looking at it smiling too!

Here is the den village in all it's glory

Jack was also created planets in space.  If only I had videotaped his painting he made some amazing sound effects to go with his painting.  WOOSHHHH!!! BOOMMMM!!! BAMMMMM!

Seth is one talented artist.  He created these neat boxes to store jewelry in earlier but in this photo he is presenting a game he made when you spin the wheel.

I am just SO lucky to have such amazing kids.  I have the best job EVER!

No comments: