Friday, December 6, 2013

December is Here!

For the month of December we have switched out some of our spaces to create some excitement.  In our "science nook" I was inspired from this photograph to create my own form of a math investigation nook.  The kids are already excited about using the "coin" stamps and making shapes.  I also put math reading books in their reading nook but I forgot to take a picture of that area.


The Elf on the Shelf is back again!  The first day he was hanging from a toilet roll swing (forgot to take a picture of it) and another day we caught him sitting on Santa's lap telling him what he wants for Christmas.  The kids loved the animal line-up waiting to also sit on Santa's lap.  We are always so excited to see what he is up to and I overhear the kids mentioning that they have to be good because Snowy (our Elf) is reporting back to Santa.  I found this great free pocket chart game from The First Grade Parade to go along with our Elf that I will be using. 


I also changed our nature table to fit the season of winter.  The bear is hibernating in it's cave and the animals are building homes out of snow.

Finally, I have changed our classroom library books to a winter, Christmas, and Jan Brett display.  The students have taken every single Christmas book and as soon as one is put back another student will take that book.  We are loving all the books about winter!


No comments: