Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Wet-on-Wet Painting

Last week, we created wet-on-wet paintings.  That means we soaked the paper in water and then also used water paints.  I was inspired from the amazing artwork done in Waldorf Schools.  I think the kids art pieces turned out beautiful and this picture doesn't even do it justice how bright and vibrant these paintings really are.

I taught myself some techniques by watching the videos below and then I showed little clips of the video to the students.  For example, teaching them about their brush (Tippy) and how to clean their brushes properly, as well as, blending colours on paper and off paper.

Waldorf Wet-on-Wet Watercolour Painting: Part One (for some reason it won't let me post the video so I provided the link)

Waldorf Wet-on-Wet Watercolour Painting: Part Two

Happy Painting!

No comments: