Thursday, May 29, 2014

Creative Kids

We have two more students who've completed the 25 book challenge.  They were so excited to earn $100.


We had sometime after Math was completed to explore with pattern blocks and base ten blocks.


In art today I asked the Seniors what they would like to do.  They said, "we would love to just build and create anything we want."  I thought to myself well that is something us Juniors like to do every Thursday.  So I figured why not let the older ones have some fun with our imagination centre too.
The first job we had to do was warm our hands up.  I actually used to play this game with the skate sharpener at our local ice rink (my brothers played hockey and I was at the arena A LOT).  Anyways, you make scribbles on a paper and you pass the paper to a friend.  It is up to your friend to create something with the scribbles given.



After the warm up, we got right into making and creating.  The Seniors were ecstatic and created some really amazing pieces.  We have cranes with rotating heads, a marble slide, and some artistic clay designs.











We sure had fun today!  We have some REALLY amazing kids here at Big White.

1 comment:

Elisama Alves dos Santos said...

I´ve loved this blog. The things you do are great!!!
I,m brasilian teacher. See my recent blog: http://baldepedraseflores.blogspot.com.br/