Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Extreme Writing Update

Day One: We Did the Peanut Characters and how they relate to these characters.  Here are a few examples of their work.




Day Two: Picture Write.  I found this very insane picture online of a pilot climbing up a ladder of a helicopter as a shark was coming out of the water.  The boys LOVED this picture and usually had some pretty action packed things to say about this picture.  I actually got the most writing from them this day.  Again here are a few examples of their first page of the story.




Day Three: Journal Jar.  The kids each had their own journal jar to pull out topics from.  The kids loved it and I could get 10 min of them writing.  They are getting better and better at trying to solve their writing on their own and to just keep writing.  


I enjoyed that the kindergarten participated.  They were good sports and love to use their imaginary writing.  This by the way is no help by me... YES all spelling and phonetics done on their own.


Just incase this is hard for you to understand it says "give some to my parents."

Tomorrow is draw and write for extreme writing.  This is the style I use to write in my journal as an adult so I am hoping the kids will really enjoy it.

No comments: