Saturday, March 23, 2013

Space Unit Lapbook

I am SO EXCITED for our Space Unit.  I worked long and hard yesterday and today to create their unit.  I was inspired after finding this pin on pinterest.  I knew I had to make our next interactive science unit a lapbook.  Thanks to Karen (Jenn's Mom) she graciously shared her Science Unit with me that I just needed to organize it the way I wanted to teach it.


The title page clipart pictures came from this seller however the unit no longer exists.  She is selling this unit now and it looks really cool.


Inside the lap book (excluding Karen's worksheets).  The planet cutouts template here.  I was inspired for my constellation booklet from this blog post.  See below for more details on the constellation.  I found the moon phase flip book here.  The star finder is from the book resource below.


The back of the lapbook.

Close up of the planets.

The moon phases flip book.

The star finder.

The cover of the constellation book.

The constellation book.  I created this using graphing paper and a hole punch.  I am hoping this won't be too hard for the older students.  For the younger students I am going to use this worksheet link and have the students hole punch out the four stars.


This is the lapbook with Karen's worksheets included.  The unit is based from a Nelson Literacy textbook (picture below).


The final project:  I found this awesome place mat downstairs and thought I had to get the kids to do the same.  I figured I will get the younger grades to do this and the older grades will do a presentation.  I can't wait for our Science Unit to start!

No comments: