Monday, April 29, 2013

Plant Unit: Music

I recently went to a workshop about incorporating music into every lesson.  If a lesson begins with music the children are more likely to settle on their own, get ready for the lesson, and take in information about the subject at hand.  At the workshop, they discussed the importance of teaching kids using their 5 senses and repeating things often.  I was completely inspired with adding more music into the classroom.  I like to play classical music throughout the day however I am having way too much fun researching theme unit songs.  I am currently looking into Space music but I couldn't help but share the amazing plant songs that are out there.  Here are only a few of the great ones I found.

A great catchy tune: The Green Grass Grows All Around.  I couldn't find the link to post on my blog but this is the best version I found.  It is sung by Jewel.

The Garden Song Sung by John Denver.  What a gem!  (I will be using the Mary Miche version of this song- read below)

Johnny Appleseed Song

Another amazing artist is Mary Miche.  She sings tons of plant songs and all of them are great.  I have been singing them all day!  I bought her CD online here.  The best thing is she still sells cassette tapes!!!

No comments: