Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Learning their Numbers

We are still working away on our math mats.  However, the Kindy's are itching to start printing numbers (which I am so thrilled to see).  They started to write their numbers today and thanks to our parent helper the students had a little handwritten number chart in front of them to see.  Well, that inspired me to create some handy dandy number charts for each student to have during math time.  I created three different versions which I am still uncertain which one I should use.

Here are the three samples that I created using ABC print font.

 Click on the picture to download these math reference counters for free.
This version would be the children drawing dots underneath to represent the amount above.  I also drew the dot for where they should always start to write their number.

This version has the amount of dots to represent the quantity of the number right on the number itself.

The final version is the students being shown how the number is formed.  This is the version I am leaning towards using.

Enjoy and Happy Counting!

No comments: