Thursday, October 16, 2014

Numbers and Art... A Little Big of Everything!

Mrs. Austin is the best!!!!!!! Seriously I don't know what I would do without this amazing woman helping us in our classroom.  I, I mean, we are so lucky to have her help us with the small little odd jobs to the big jobs!  This job was one she did not want to do but I used pretty please over and over and over again and look who is on a ladder?  She moved all my cursive writing posters and alphabet posters up to make room for our **NEW** number posters.  I get the Kindergarten and Grade 1 students to make these posters every year.  Its a great hands-on game for the kids to do and they are awesome learning tools for the whole classroom.

Aren't they awesome?





Thanks to Mary's wonderful math work with the little ones they even placed the little items in arrays!!!  This poster is so handy to have all year round for students to practice the writing of their numbers and how to print the numbers the right way.  I am so lucky to have so many helpers in my classroom.

The students have been working on collaborative art.  We did this awesome lesson where one student will draw a picture/mark/design and you have to respond to that picture/mark/design with not speaking but drawing as well.  I will post a picture of their art, they are up on our bulletin board.  Then I talked to the students about creating their own artwork but bringing the pieces altogether to make one large art piece (another form of collaboration art).  Each student created a piece to represent who they are and bringing each individual together creates a community, our community.  I was lucky to have found an old closet thrown out at our complex so I just painted the old closet and voila, an art display!

No comments: