Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Welcome Board

Last year I did this workshop on creating a classroom to be more home-like.  This bulletin board is at the entrance of our classroom.  I think it's the best board in our classroom and I always notice students admiring their friends or smiling looking at their own pictures.  It's a place that tells them they belong here and this is their classroom.  I finally put the children's new photos into their frames.


At the end of our school day we do novel reading.  We started reading Magic Tree House and the kids are hooked.  Great level for the students to understand and full of adventure.  Now, you might ask, what are those weird cups of goo?  They are coloured wax for the kids to form and play with while I am reading.  I find this is the best solution to the students who like to keep their hands busy while listening.  The wax is hard to mold with however with their hands they will heat up the wax and make it very easy to create with.  This wax and read idea was from when I taught at the Waldorf school.  If you are interested in the wax you can buy it here.

No comments: