Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sensory Trays

I was inspired from this blog post, Reggio Activities for Toddlers.  This blog post was directed for toddlers but I know that these trays are very open to ALL ages.  I found myself even playing with these trays to test out what they can do.  I love the idea of the kids exploring through their senses.  So I was determined to create these trays for the kids to explore.  The first two themes on display are Mighty Magnets and Colours + Light.  
Color + Light: I think this will be a popular station.  I have a laser that goes with this basket that I am still questioning whether I should put it in.  I also am searching downstairs (resource room) for coloured panels and prisms which are yet to be found.

Mighty Magnets:  This station the kids are already excited about.  I told them about this sensory tray before Spring Break and they were already hooting and hollering.  Everything in this basket is magnetic!  I even have magnetic sand for the kids to play with.

No comments: