Saturday, November 23, 2013

Peace Song

I know I have been slacking off in blogging but I forgot to mention a neat project we did for Remembrance Day.

In a previous post I mentioned creating a peace song pocket chart for the students to sing.  We were practicing the song and we decided to make our own peace songs.  We brainstormed some peace describing words and got right to work.

We used the worksheet below to do a rough draft at the top and then we made a good copy on the bottom.  My Grade 1 students just did the one copy and my Kindergartens only did the bottom copy re-writing the original song.  You will see in the students work and all the variety of adaptions for this lesson.

Here is the original song.

Here is the worksheet we used.  (Click on the photo for the download)

Then we cut out our good copies and glued them on a 8.5x14 paper.  










I scanned their songs, printed them, and made a classroom book for them to enjoy.  The song is so beautiful and the students thoroughly enjoyed making their own songs.

No comments: